Thursday 4 December 2014

James Bay scoops Brits Critics Choice award



James Bay has been named as the Brits Critics Choice for 2015. The singer/songwriter , riding high with Hold Back The River ,  beat off other hotly tipped acts Years &Years and George The Poet.

Bay joins the illustrious ranks of previous winners Adele , Florence and the Machine , Ellie Goulding ,  Jessie J , Emeli Sande , Tom Odell and Sam Smith. All the previous winners have gone on to enjoy phenomenal success , also enjoying huge albums off the back of the prestigious prize. If the same should happen with James Bay , expect his debut outing , set for Spring to sell by the truckload
."I'm pretty speechless. After all the years I've spent watching the BRIT Awards and even after this year; watching my fan base grow so much, I never thought I'd actually be getting an award myself. And what a huge honour to be following the incredible artists who've won before! I'm really chuffed, thank you to everyone who has supported me.  " , said Bay on winning the award.


James Bay will collect the ward at the nominees announcement in January. The BRIT Awards 2015 , hosted by Ant & Dec , take place at London's 02 Arena on February 25th






No comments:

Post a Comment