Thursday 8 January 2015

Ed Sheeran brings VH1 Storytellers to Dublin



Ed Sheeran is set to relaunch VH1's classic Storytellers programme with an intimate gig at Dublin's famous Whelans's venue.
It will be the first VH1 Storytellers gig in over three years. Johnny Cash , Foo Fighters , Coldplay and David Bowie are amongst some of the iconic artiststhat have taken part in the show. This time around Sheeran;s Dublin gig will be broadcast live from Whelan's, which can play to a capacity of just over 450.


This will be Sheeran's smallest gig this year ahead of three mammoth dates at Wembley Stadium in June.

It's amazing to come back to perform at a place that means so much to me personally," said Sheeran. "I was only about 11 or 12 years old when I saw Damien [Rice] play at Whelan’s, and that night literally changed my life. The time he spent talking with me after the show made all the difference. It inspired me in a way that I only hope to do for someone else."






No comments:

Post a Comment