Monday 26 January 2015

Gaga at work on new album ?



It seems like only yesterday Lady Gaga was espousing the many platitudes and boasts that accompanied 2013's heavily hyped but misfiring ARTPOP.  Now don't get me wrong , I loved ARTPOP. It was a solid , in retrospect , much underrated album that had some great moments. The campaign itself was disastrous.
Polarizing lead single in Applause , the lack of a video for the still brilliant Do What U Want. And no official single releases for the fantastic Gypsy or even Sexx Dreams. It was all a pretty glorious mess.

But as I've always maintained , Gaga is one popstar you just don't write off. And whilst Taylor is rightfully snatching weaves and breaking records , Gaga's next album could be something special. Something that will repair a lot of the critical and commercial damage of ARTPOP. Because when Gaga truly gets it right , she's on another level.


Reports have surfaced that Gaga has begun work on album number five. Legendary producer Niles Rodgers has been one of the names thrown round as he was pictured in studio with the star.Addto that Gaga has returned to RedOne , the man behind the icon making Pokerface.

Add to that , disco legend Giorgio Moroder is the latest name in the frame. Moroder releases his new album 74 Is The New 24 this Spring , with Sia and Kylie Minogue amongst the big names on board.

Moroder said of working with Mother Monster
“I was supposed to be in the studio with her a week ago, but I got a cold," said Moroder. "I’ll see her when I’m back. I have about five or six tracks, just basic ideas. Drums, keyboard, bass. I’m going to be surprised, I think – I don’t have a clue about the way she’s recording. Will she play the piano? Will I?”
He added: “This is for her new album – that’s the intention. I was hoping that maybe I can convince her to have one of the songs for my album. If I could convince her, well that would be incredible.”
“If I have a good track that could fit my album but not necessarily hers, that could be ideal.”


Watch this space , this could be a very interesting year ahead  in pop. And it wouldn't be the same without Gaga



No comments:

Post a Comment